This is a great little baking idea, easy yet so tasty. Would you believe that only three ingredients could produce something so good.
Little Cheese Savouries by Learn To Cook Good Food
Author: Laura Scott
Recipe type: Appetiser
A little savoury pastry bite.
- ½ block of puff pastry (not pre-rolled)
- Strong Cheddar of your choice, a generous hunk, grated
- Pre heat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll the puff pastry into a long thin line, rectangular in shape.
- Spread or dot dabs of Vegemite/Marmite over the pastry. You don't have to cover every inch of the pastry.
- Add your cheese, then roll the pastry as you would roll a Swiss roll sponge or Roulade. In other words, longways so you end up with a long sausage shape.
- Using a knife cut circles of dough off the long roll of pastry about 1cm but just not too thick as they cook better this way.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and mould them into circle shapes with your hands then press down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.